Sunday, December 30, 2007

Review Numero Uno: An Abundance of Katherines


Ok, so this is kind of cheating the system, because I already posted this review Here on my other blog, but I am posting it again! *Maniacal Laugher*

As my first attempt, I have review John Green's book An Abundance of Katherines. Colin Singleton is a -- or was a -- child prodigy, but he's not really a child anymore. After graduating highschool at age 17 and having been dumped by his nineteenth Katharine (K-19), Co
lin feels like he just doesn't matter. Colin had dated 19 different girls named Katherine --well technically only 18 different girls but you have to read the book to understand. No Kats, no Katies, god forbid a Catherine. K-A-T-H-E-R-I-N-E. But even after being dumped by each and every one of them, K-19 finally broke his heart. So instead of continuing to lie face down in his carpet, Colins best/only friend Hassan (don't worry he's not a terrorist) takes Colin on a road trip to ease the pain. This road trip take the dynamic duo all the way from Chicago to Gutshot, Tennessee, population 864, where Colin meets Lindsey Lee Walls who's mother owns the local tampon string factory and offers Colin and Hassan jobs interviewing the townspeople. So Colin and Hassan end up in Gutshot, and... well I'm not going to tell you. *evil laughter* you will just have to go read the book!!
Ok, opinion time! I really did like this book in the long run. It had a solid plot, romance, deep characters, even a bit of mystery, not to mention LOADS of humor!! :D And on top of all that it has a good amount of beautiful math that would make Dess* proud. Oh! oh! and it also has tons of random fun facts that would even make Hunter** jealous! So yes I liked this book a lot. But what I didn't like was the constant profanity (I'm sorry I just can't help it). Although John managed to only drop one F-bomb ("fug" is like every other word though). Also there were a few -- ahem -- "naughty" scenes. Nothing real bad but again I can't help myself. It just bugs me. So as long as you are over the age of 13 and know how babies are made (or at least have a general idea) then don't be afraid to read this book. Overall, I rate it 6.5 kinds of fawsome.


Cheating-ly, fugging-ly, anagraming-ly yours,
http://www.trippytext.com/ - Trippy Text

*What? You haven't read Midnighters?!? Come on! GO READ IT NOW!
**Again, have you not read So Yesterday?! Ouch! Now you're going to tell me you haven't even read Uglies. You have read Uglies haven't you?!

UPDATE: Oh my gosh! I almost forgot to mention, Colin loves anagraming. I also loved that about the book.

No comments:

Thanks for reading! :D